There's nothing like a perfect tan! To get the most out of your spray tan we recommend you follow these top tips:
BEFORE YOU TAN
- Make sure to exfoliate, wax or shave no less than 24 hours before your spray tan to ensure an even tan with no tan collecting in your follicles.
- Leave at least 2 hours between having a shower and coming for your spray tan. Showering right before a tan can open your pores and this will cause the tan to collect and settle into your skin unevenly.
- Come to the salon dressed in dark loose clothing and make sure you have removed any moisturiser, makeup and deodorant before your appointment. Deodorant can cause discolouration and moisturiser and makeup can make your tan uneven.
- If you have sensitivities we strongly recommend coming in for a patch test prior to your appointment.
We do not recommend having a tan with the following treatments: facials, massage, waxing, tinting or any packages involving these.
During your tan
- Our organic tan takes 1-5 hours to develop depending on how dark you like it. For a sun kissed glow we recommend waiting an hour, for a normal spray tan look 3 hours and for a deep bronze 5 hours.
- Our express tan is able to be washed off in 1-2 hours.
- During the developing stage make sure not to get your tan wet as this can make the tan uneven. This includes rainy weather, excessive sweating, swimming, hand washing and showering.
- Also avoid any excess rubbing such as exercise and tight clothing.
- During the developing stage the guide (the initial colour that you see) may move around on the skin and settle into any creases. Do not be alarmed as this will wash off with your first shower. The active part of your tan is clear and develops underneath the guide.
Maintaining your tan
- Any form of exfoliation or rubbing will remove the tan faster. These include exfoliating, shaving, waxing and depilatory creams.
- Moisturised healthy skin holds onto the tan longer therefore we recommend moisturising daily with a body oil or moisturiser and top up in between tans with one of our tanning products to extend the life of your spray tan.
- Spray tans are an easy and safe alternative to getting a tan and should last between 4-10 days however it is dependant on how you look after your tan.
If you are new to our tans we recommend trialling your spray tan a few weeks before a big event as every skin is different. If you have any questions at all give us a call, email or pop in and say hi!